Warsash Flat Roof Installations – Blake Premium UHD GRP roof system
Blake GRP Ltd Install GRP Roofing into Warsash and the Surrounding Area
Blake GRP recently worked on a flat roof installation in Warsash. It was a particularly involved GRP flat roof installation and we have documented the work below.
1. The Warsash flat roof installation initiated with the removal of the existing bitumen felt roof and examination of the existing sub deck to check for solid integrity. The worst thing to do is to build a new roof on a compromised structure. The old felt roof was taken off in stages to enable the roof to be watertifght during the new roof installation
2. The next phase of flat roof installation. Operatives are bonding and screwing OSB 3 – T&G boards with centers every 200mm – providing the best deck possible for laminating, very solid and rigid.
3. Next, the installation team prepared and fixed the top deck of the flat roof into place
4. Now the first layer of 600g CSM being rolled back up prior to wetting out the deck ready for laying up fiberglass
5. Laminating in progress – paddle rollers are used here by the installation team to consolidate the resin and fibreglass strand matt.
6. During the next phase of our Warsash GRP flat roof installation, the first layer of 600g chopped strand matt (fiberglass) was laid out ready for laminating
7. Our Warsash Fibreglass flat roof installation is progressing now – 3/4 boarded and laminated
8. We manufactured custom-made timber ribs – here seen being laminated individually fixed into place oin the new GRP flat roof
9. Topcoat application in progress – all cutting in is now complete on this warsash flat roof work
10. Finished GRP roof installation in Warsash, including custom made timber ribs running down the roof and custom built gulleys each end of the flat roof